This report analyzes in detail the issues involved in "Energy management, Growth Vs Energy, Types of energy, Energy Resources, Energy efficiency, Current Energy Demand, Energy consumption, Energy scenario in India and Biomass power".
- A tree species belonging to Casuarinacea.
- Fast growing species, having multi utility value.
- Calorific value = 5000 k.cal. (Approx.)
- Wood density is 698 kg/m³ (irrigated), 703 kg/m³ (rainfed).
- Preferred by farmers for Agro forestry and Farm land afforestation.
- HOUSEHOLD FUEL, PULP WOOD,
- SCAFFOLDING, CHARCOAL MAKING,
- BIO SHIELD (SHELTER BELT, WIND BREAK)
- PRODUCTION OF POWER
- Casuarina is cultivated through out South India.
- 80% of plantations are in the coastal areas in AP, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.
- Area planted – 5 lac ha. Inland cultivation data deficient.
- Rotation 4 years.
- Inter cropping practiced in Ist year of planting.
- Preferable species Casuarina junghuhniana, a drought tolerant and high yielding variety.
- Espacement 1x1m (4000 trees per acre).
Usage of high yield clones, 4 year rotation, 1x1m espacement, Coastal
belt, Irrigated land, yearly farm yard manure application, yearly twice
weeding and manual pruning of branches gives the following revenue:
Total income (sale of pruned materials & poles) = 2,50,000 /-* (Average yield 80 Tons x Rs.3000 + 10000)
Total expenditure (including watch and ward) = 75,000 /-
Net Income = 1,75,000 /-
* Data for high yielding variety with the specified field conditions.
CALORIFIC VALUE = 5000 Kcalories
One kilowatt per hour = 859.845kilo calories.
Energy conversion efficiency of casuarina = o.25.
The power production by using One ton of casuarina =
5000x1000x1/4x/859.845 = 1453.75 kwh
5M.W.power mill in all the blocks=397x1808=717776 acres
2. Fiscal incentives in terms of excise duty concession, reduced
3. 80% accelerated depreciation for IT purpose in I year of
4. Tax holidays for 10 years for profit from the project.
5. Power purchase @Rs4.65/unit as per tariff order of TNERC.
6. Concessional wheeling charges of 3% for distance upto 25 km and
6% for distance beyond 25 km for captive use.
- Bio char.
- Activated charcoaL
- Prevent migration.
- Additional employment.
- Land improvement.
- Theft, Prevention of transmission loss.
- Protection of environment.
2. The withheld amount may be disbursed later either in cash or in kind
3. Members will be eligible to receive bonus shares and patronage bonus
Some points to discuss: