The task was accomplished and office bearers were elected to pursue the following objectives of the Association:
Invitation for the First General body meeting:
Date: 14 /10 / 2009, Wednesday, Time: 3.00 PM to 6.30PM
Presided by: Mr.Irulandi, IFS., Chief Conservator of Forests,
Forest Extension Division, Chennai.
- Action plan for 2009 -10.
- Forming a steering committee to popularize the objectives of the Association.
- Identifying trees that are suitable for cultivation in Tirunelveli District.
- Speech by two highly successful tree growers of our area.
- Contract farming.
- Growing trees to generate electricity from its' biomass.
- Screening the past US Vice President Mr. Al Gore's film on the effects of 'Global Warming": 'An Inconvenient truth'
- Ppt presentation about the cultivation of 'Green Vulgaris' Bamboo, and Anthocephalus cadamba.
Nonmembers can register for membership at the venue itself and are eligible to participate.
All are welcome.